Essential Bike Fitting
ESSENTIAL POSTURAL STUDY
Fee: 180.- CHF
- Amateur and advanced athletes
- 130.- CHF on the second bike
principle of the study:
Each athlete is unique with different needs. The Essential Postural Study is adapted to cyclists who wish to improve their performance, relieve their pain during exercise, restore the balance of forces or their comfort. The results obtained will allow us to make the necessary adjustments to your current bike for more pleasure during your rides and a clear improvement in your performance.
At Bike1, it only takes 1 hour of your time to visibly improve your performance thanks to BikeLab’s revolutionary IdMatch system. The software takes into account your cycling profile as well as your anthropometric and biomechanical measurements to define your ideal position following a series of tests. This innovative system is extremely precise since it does not use a marker to detect the junctions of your joints, so there is no risk of human error in their manual placement.
The Essential Postural Study is suitable for athletes who want to check their position and make the necessary changes for a better performance. In case you are experiencing back, shoulder or neck pain, we recommend a more in-depth analysis the Complete Postural Study.
Learn more about the technology IdMatch exclusively at Bike1.
- Improve your posture
- Prevent potential injuries
- Adjust the position of the cleats
- Provide more comfort
Process of the session:
- Preliminary Interview: We take the time at the beginning of the session to define your profile and what exactly you are looking for at the end of this study. It is important for us to understand what type of athlete you are, know your level and possible injury history.
- Static analysis with 3D Body Scan: We perform a physical assessment of your body by detecting the junctions of your joints to determine the anthropometric and biomechanical measurements of your body, to better study your flexibility, stability and reflexes (a pelvic rotation analysis included).
- Saddle and handlebar selection: Following the results obtained during the 3D Body Scan, we define the type of saddle and handlebar best suited to your needs.
- Measurement of your feet and adjustment of the cleats: We take the exact measurements of your feet (length, width, distance between heel and the head of the first metatarsal). Then we measure the supination of the forefoot and the alignment of the foot-knee-hip axis with a laser system. Your cleats are adjusted with the Cleat Fit laser goniometer.
- Dynamic Pedaling Analysis: During this step, the IdMatch system suggests several positions while measuring your body’s reaction. Then the simulator makes the required adjustments simultaneously while taking a series of continuous measurements until the optimal position is achieved.
- Adjusting your bike: If you already own a bike, we will make the necessary adjustments for you.
INCLUDED IN THIS SERVICE:
- Submitting the measurement report
- Tracking the cyclist after a few rides
- Coffee, tea, drink
postural study with idmatch
“The Essential Postural Study can help you better understand how to combat your aches and pains with better posture and the changes needed to improve your performance and comfort on long rides. For those looking for a more comprehensive postural study before any new high-performance bike purchase, check out our Full Bike Fit service.”
postural study with idmatch
Idmatch is a high-precision anthropometric and biomechanical analysis system developed by Ergoview Selle Italia, equipped with a 3D camera and a computer-controlled electronic simulator. The process of the postural study is completely optimized because the Idmatch system works as “a simple action reader that repeats itself independently of the person pedaling”. IdMatch sets the dimensions of your bike are defined in three steps:
- STEP 1: the software allows you to insert essential information about your athlete profile (typology, level, accidents, physical disorders.. etc). This innovative system is based on both your anthropometric measurements and your physical condition, to suggest a first position.
- STEP 2: It then detects the junction points of the joints without using a marker, thus excluding any risk of human error in their positioning.
- STEP 3: IdMatch’s analysis system is very complete for it: it suggests an initial position, then detects the response of the cyclist’s body by performing a 3D scan to analyze the results. The software records and measures in real time the reactions of the cyclist on the bike, then communicates with the simulator to set the new suggested position for the cyclist on the bike.
In case of a negative answer, the software remains very reactive, bypassing the obstacle, and suggesting new modifications. Once the optimal position is determined, we can make changes to the variable elements – frame, handlebars, crank of the crankset – whose placement depends on the position of the handlebars and the saddle.
“The World’s Best Bike Fitting System: the first scientific auto-scan and auto-adjusting bike fitting system in the world”
our other bike fitting services
basic bike fitting
Basic Postural Study: 75.00 CHF
The Basic Postural Study is suitable for beginners or amateur cyclists who want to make the right adjustments to better enjoy their bike or check their position to avoid pain.
full bike fitting
Complete Postural Study: 290.00 CHF
The Complete Postural Study is for experienced athletes who want to maximize their performance with absolute comfort or who are planning to purchase a new high performance bike.
cleat & shoe fitting
Study Cleats & Shoes: 60.00 CHF
A good alignment of the cleats and shoes will give you an optimal performance. This study is highly recommended to avoid lower limb pain.
Saddle Choice Study: 60.00 CHF Duration: 30mn
The Saddle Choice Study is recommended for athletes who are confident in their riding position and want a comfortable seat or to find the best saddle for their needs.
The 100% personalized service
We receive exclusively by appointment for the comfort of our clients at our workshops in the heart of Geneva and Lausanne.
Contact us by email or phone to make an appointment.