Basic Bike Fitting
basic postural study
Price: 75.- CHF
- Beginner or advanced athletes
principle of the study:
Whatever your level, a postural study can help you understand how to adopt a good posture to fully enjoy your bike. The Basic Postural Study will allow us to better understand your profile as an athlete, after which we perform a static analysis with a 3D body scan to deduce your anthropological measurements. At the end of the session, you will be able to use the measurements obtained to make the necessary adjustments to your bike.
At Bike1, we use IdMatch technology, an innovative high-precision system that does not use a marker to detect the junctions of your joints. This limits the risk of human error in their manual placement. Each cyclist is unique with specific goals, which is why we offer different services to better meet your needs. Check out our Essential Bike Fit and Full Bike Fit services, for more in-depth studies that will help you improve your performance.
Learn more about the technology IdMatch exclusively at Bike1.
- Adopt good reflexes
- Limiting pain during exercise
- Tune up a newly purchased bike
- Check your position
Process of the session:
- Preliminary Interview: We take the time at the beginning of the session to define your profile and what exactly you are looking for at the end of this study. It is important for us to understand what type of athlete you are, know your level and possible injury history.
- Static analysis with 3D Body Scan: We perform a physical assessment of your body by detecting the junctions of your joints to determine the anthropometric and biomechanical measurements of your body, to better study your flexibility, stability and reflexes (a pelvic rotation analysis included).
- Tuning your bike: We will give you the measurement report so that you can make the adjustments yourself. We can also make these adjustments for you at an additional cost of 20.- CHF.
included in this service:
- Measurement Report
- Coffee, tea, drink
Please bring a cycling outfit, your shoes and bike (if you have one)
“The Basic Postural Study is recommended to start adopting good reflexes that will prevent you from possible physical pain or injury. Only a bike that is completely tailored to your measurements and cycling habits can offer you ultimate performance, to learn more discover our Full Bike Fit service.”
postural study with idmatch
Idmatch is a high-precision anthropometric and biomechanical analysis system developed by Ergoview Selle Italia, equipped with a 3D camera and a computer-controlled electronic simulator. The process of the postural study is completely optimized because the Idmatch system works as “a simple action reader that repeats itself independently of the person pedaling”. IdMatch sets the dimensions of your bike are defined in three steps:
- STEP 1: the software allows you to insert essential information about your athlete profile (typology, level, accidents, physical disorders.. etc). This innovative system is based on both your anthropometric measurements and your physical condition, to suggest a first position.
- STEP 2: It then detects the junction points of the joints without using a marker, thus excluding any risk of human error in their positioning.
- STEP 3: IdMatch’s analysis system is very complete for it: it suggests an initial position, then detects the response of the cyclist’s body by performing a 3D scan to analyze the results. The software records and measures in real time the reactions of the cyclist on the bike, then communicates with the simulator to set the new suggested position for the cyclist on the bike.
In case of a negative answer, the software remains very reactive, bypassing the obstacle, and suggesting new modifications. Once the optimal position is determined, we can make changes to the variable elements – frame, handlebars, crank of the crankset – whose placement depends on the position of the handlebars and the saddle.
“The World’s Best Bike Fitting System: the first scientific auto-scan and auto-adjusting bike fitting system in the world”
our other bike fitting services
essential bike fitting
Essential Postural Study: 180 CHF
Duration: 1 hour
full bike fitting
Complete Postural Study: 290.00 CHF
cleat & shoe fitting
Study Cleats & Shoes: 60.00 CHF
A good alignment of the cleats and shoes will give you an optimal performance. This study is highly recommended to avoid lower limb pain.
Saddle Choice Study: 60.00 CHF Duration: 30mn
The Saddle Choice Study is recommended for athletes who are confident in their riding position and want a comfortable seat or to find the best saddle for their needs.
The 100% personalized service
We receive exclusively by appointment for the comfort of our clients at our workshops in the heart of Geneva and Lausanne.
Contact us by email or phone to make an appointment.